Pages

My baby's growing up

My breath caught the other day when I saw it in the laundry room. His cross country uniform.
He's been running all summer so I knew this day was coming. I just wasn't prepared.
Now that he's a 6th grader he can participate in sports. He's just to young.
The coach says he's a unique individual and he fits right in. At least he's having fun.
This morning he brought another one of the runners home to hang out a bit. A bunch of them are going canoing today.
He's just becoming way to independent. At least I know he's safe.

Why do they have to grow up so fast?

Photobucket

4 comments:

Staci said...

I don't know why they have to grow up so fast but I'm telling you to enjoy it because the next thing you know he's asking to borrow the keys to the car!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* I think we are all feeling it more this year....*sigh*....{{{hugs}}} :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

latree said...

I have the same question. why do they grow up so fast? it feels like yesterday we held a baby, and now...

Claremont First Ward said...

I don't understand how time can move so swifty with kids. I've always wanted to bottle time. :)