Pages

Spaghetti Sauce and a Death

Well, do you want the good news or the bad news first? Good news, ok!

I found a great Amish store just down the road from me! I never I did know it was there but just had never been to it. Well now I'll be going often. Here in the mid-west Amish are bountiful and there is this wonderful little town in Indiana called Shipshewanna. A flea market lovers dream come true. In Shipshe (short for Shipshewanna) there is an awesome Amish bulk food store called E & S Sales. I love going going into this store if nothing else but to get a big bulk bag of candy. Well there is a mini version just down the road! Now I can go get chocolate chips, flour, sugar, baked goodies, wooden crafts, and much more. I love it!

After the bulk store we were on our way to the Miller's Vegetable stand. This is another local Amish family who has produce, but more importantly boxes of tomatoes for canning that they sell for $7. This is a 1/2 bushel of tomatoes. On our crappy bathroom scale they weighed just over 25 pounds! So I made spaghetti sauce. The recipe called for 20 pounds so I used the bathroom scale again. The recipe said I would get 10 pint jars. Sounded good to me until I discovered that my scale must be way off! I ended up with 19 pint jars. I'm oh so glad I decided to double up on the spices. We tried a little nibble and it's wonderful. I can't wait to have spaghetti this fall/winter.



And I still have a ton of tomatoes left. These I'm just going to chop up and can them that way. We love having chili during the winter and these tomatoes will go fast, I'm sure.




Now for the bad news. Brace yourselves. I discovered that my camera can not be repaired. I knew should have known this day would come. I bought my camera on Black Friday back in 2007. It was a discontinued model, that's why it was on sale. For like $100 off. How could I pass it up? Well a discontinued camera 2 years ago means the parts to fix it are way discontinued in 2009. So I'm left using our crappy old camera. It sucks! Just look at the picture I tried to take of the dead camera. It's blurry. And stinks! So I'm going to place the dead Kodak on ebay. I've found some cameras being sold as-is that are actually going for pretty good prices. Anything is better than nothing. And if it doesn't sell I'll just stick it in a box and wait for the day that it becomes an antique and I can make mega bucks!

So I'm trying to decide what type of camera to get. I need something with an awesome zoom, this one was 10x and I loved it. I'd love to have a SLR but I really don't think a basic version/lense will zoom that well. Plus I don't have a ton of money to spend. Any suggestions? What kind of camera do you have? Do you like it?



Dad wanted a picture with his little girl. Even though it's with the shitty camera I thought it turned out pretty stinkin' cute. She's getting so tall, and Dad is ecstatic! He's hoping for a basketball star like himself. She could be it.





Photobucket

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

NO NO NO NO wait!!!!!!!! I collect old KODAK cameras!!!!!!!!! Don't advertise it yet....PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!! How much U want for it!?!?!?!?! :):):):):):):):):) email me ... bmwgirl@cox.net and let me know........I'm sorry it died on U....but I really want it....please?!?!?! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photo with Daddy & his girl....and YUM to sauce!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Staci said...

So, I'm pretty sure some of those sphaghetti sauces will be making their way to my house, right? That sucks about your camera!! I have the same one and no problems. I would get the Nikon D40. You can get it online pretty cheap. SLR too!!!! I love that photo of Joey and Mariah!! She's so pretty and tall!!!

KatBouska said...

Whoa. Julie Tucker Woleck is really excited right now.

I think Dad needs to start worrying about his pretty little girl and all the boys knocking down her door. Seriously. She is GORGEOUS!