Productive Weekend

Wow! I finally got some sewing done this weekend. I have HAD 5 quilts in progress at the beginning of the weekend. Now I am down to 3! I was able to get my room finished up and felt like working. 

I have been working on this quilt since October 2011. It was the last Mystery All Day/Night Quilt that I went to at my local quilt shop. I was sick with the flu on that day and felt terrible. I think because of being sick I just got the feeling I didn't like the quilt at all and just didn't want to work on it. I finally decided that I was going to finish it and give it to my mom...for Mother's Day 2012....her birthday 2012....Christmas can see where this is going. Well it is awaiting shipment to her now! I hope she enjoys it.

This quilt has been in the works for just about as long too. All of the material in this quilt was purchased at a local antique mall. I came across a booth that had 3 or 4 huge baggies of vintage material for a buck a piece! When I got home that day I was amazed at how much I actually had gotten...yards and yards of some. I knew it would all go together in a quilt someday! The back is done up with the bright yellow you see here. I don't know how some of you get the great pictures of your quilting! I gave up trying to make it look cute and opted for the auto timer on my camera. :) Anyways this quilt is all mine!!

I scored a ton of material from a co-worker's sister's garage sale this summer. When I saw this I knew it was going to be a dish towel! Stitched up 3 little towels. I just love the design of it. I think one of them will find a home in the camper this summer so I can always have it with me. 

I also made up a curtain for a basement window, but it's not that spectacular so I didn't bother to share it. 

Hopefully this momentum will keep up so I can get some more work done. 

Have a great afternoon!


Staci said...

I think the quilt you made your mother is GORGEOUS!! And the one for yourself is truly amazing!! I love those dishtowels!! Hopefully this weekend you can finish the other two projects!!

i like it when you blog!!!

Staci said...

Good job on the copyright stuff too on your photos!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee your quilts!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

jacque4u2c said...

These quilts rock!