Pages

All 'Bout the Collins'

Dear me where to begin....
Everyone is so
Freaky and
Goofy.

How to describe all of you?
I am married to a wonderful man
Joey, he is my leading man
Kids all love him
Ladies all want him
Many can't stand him

Next will be Taylor
Obiviously beautiful, smart, and athletic
People all watch her and she is nothing but
Quiet

Right after Taylor is Laney
She is just crazy
Too much dark make-up makes her dad scream

Until 1997 we had no Mariah, then came Alex in 1998
Vocal in every way they are
Way too LOUD
Xtrodinary kids are they both but
Y did we have to wait so long for
'Z' favorite Simon Cooper?

Good thing I re-checked it, I missed a few letters in the ol' alphabet.

The Prompts:
1.) For your birthday a sibling has decided to have the first six months of your blog printed and bound. Write a forward for the book.
2.) Write a 26-line poem using all the letters of the alphabet, where the first line starts with the letter "A," the second "B," the third "C," etc., culminating with the final line starting with "Z."
(writersdigest.com)
3.) Start your story with, "In retrospect, I wouldn't say it was my best idea." And end it with, "And that's how I attempted to make this world a better place.
(writersdigest.com)
4.) What would the truth have done? Write about a time when honesty was NOT the best policy.
(writingfix.com)
5.) What made your childhood bearable? Write about it.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

GREAT poem... I love how you worked in ABC as your title!! (which BTW- I will admit it ook a minute to "get it")

MommyDesiree said...

Visiting for MamaKat:

perfection and I agree the ABC title is too cleaver you sneaky girl!

TFS!

MyLinda said...

That was a great poem!

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying these today!

Staci said...

Very cute but don't quit your day job!!! LOL!!!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Great job, I love your ABC's.

Kristen said...

I din't realize that was your A-Z poem until I got to the always akward X-Y-Z. Then I saw your title. Very clever.

Jenners said...

I liked how you worked the ABCs in to the title -- I didn't realize that at first and thought "Does she know she missed A & B?" HAHA! I like it -- what a great intro to the family.