Pages

Teaser Tuesdays and It's Tuesday...Where are you?

**I would like to thank my s-i-l for getting me hooked on these 2 memes.**



TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!

Sweet Life

"Kavena began to chant quietly. The scent of maile was intoxicating. And before she could think another thought, Marissa drifted off to sleep again."


My name is Marissa and I am on the Big Island (Hawaii). My husband was offered the General Manager of the resort he was working for in New York. After only 1 visit to Hawaii we decided to move our 8 year old daughter and ourselves to the luxurious island. Only thing is it hasn't been all that luxurious. Our house looks nothing like the pictures our realtor e-mailed us while we were still living in NY, and now my husband, Paul has decided he "needs some some alone." My daughter has just started horse riding lessons, and has talked me into renting out some of the rooms in our house (it used to be a Bed and Breakfast), so we'll see how it all pans out.






Search & Win

4 comments:

Nise' said...

Sounds like it could be a good one!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Great teases! :):):):):):):):):):)

Staci said...

Good teaser and this book is great!!

The Bumbles said...

There are worse places to struggle - I loved Hawaii.