Pages

Book Review: Love and Other Natural Disasters by Holly Shumas

Love and Other Natural Disasters Love and Other Natural Disasters by Holly Shumas


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars

Love and other Natural Disasters would make a great book for a book club. The subject matter is definitely one that can you talking, not a pleasant one but non-the-less will get you talking.

Eve discovers during her family's Thanksgiving dinner that her husband is having an emotional affair with another woman, Laney. They never had sex, although Laney would have liked to. Jonathan the husband feels that sex would be too much of a betrayal.

This book definitely makes you wander how you would handle and feel about a situation in your marriage. I am completely happy with my husband but still was able to feel some of the anger that Eve feels. It is a well written book, however I felt that Eve was overboard on some of her reactions. Those reactions did make me wonder what I would do in her situation, and then it didn't seem quite as over the top.

I liked Love and Other Natural Disasters, but would not necessarily recommend this to someone who is dealing with infidelity. It may hit too close to home.


View all my reviews.



2 comments:

Staci said...

It would be a good book club book wouldn't it? That's how I ended up buying it was for Mel's online bookclub. I liked your review Kiddo!!

KatBouska said...

I've never read this one...book reviews are fun. I love to see what other people are intrested in!