The reason this post is getting posted at 6:00 p.m. had nothing to do with the fact that I just woke up from a 2 hour nap. I do not take a nap almost everyday, and definitely not this late in the day. Since it's been a few days since my last post here are some random things that we have not been doing around here.
- Taylor (15 now) has not been doing a great job driving. She only drives with us and this may be a hindrance over the long summer. But I totally did not freak out today because I thought the semi that she was passing was going to turn into us. I was so calm and cool about it.
- We are not ecstatic about only having 1 kid for the week. Alex is with my mom for the week (Hi, Alex! We so do not miss you!--ok that's a truth, really we don't miss you. But you already know this.) Simon and I are not going down Friday to spend some time with Grandma, and Antie Em and Ali.
- We did not have a wonderful time at the zoo yesterday. And like his mother Simon so did not need a nap and sleep through the last part of the zoo.
- Simon is not the cutest kid alive. No one tells us this on a daily basis.
- This 'Not Me Monday' does not remind me of being back in high school. We totally did not think it was cool and not annoying to 'talk backwards', as we called it. What were we thinking?
- Thursday is not my husband and I's 4th wedding anniversary. All last week I was not telling everyone that it was going to be #5. I do know how long we've been married. I did not feel like a total jack@ss, this is such a guy thing to do, not the wife.