Hosted by Caribousmom
Are you stuck in a rut? Do you always find yourself reading from set lists or feeling committed to reading one book while another book screams at you from your TBR mountain? Has your reading become completely scheduled? If so, the Random Reading Challenge may be just the thing to put the spontaneity back into your reading.
For this challenge, readers will be choosing books randomly from their TBR stacks. You may select one of three levels of participation:
Level I: Read six books.
Level II: Read nine books
Level III: Read twelve books
- NO lists are allowed.
- Sign up at any time during the challenge period using Mr. Linky.
- Book reviews are not required but there is a place to link up your reviews if you write them.
- Books are selected one at a time using the following procedure:
- Randomly select any number of books from either your physical OR your virtual TBR pile (no “cherry picking” allowed)
- Assign a number to each book based on how many books you selected (ie: if you selected 14 books, assign each book a number from 1 through 14; if you selected 28 books, assign each book a number from 1 through 28…you get the idea)
- Go to THIS SITE and use the TRUE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR located in the upper right hand corner of the page to randomly select the book you will read. NO CHEATING – whatever the random number generator generates is the book you must read!
- Each time you select a book for the challenge, you will use this procedure. You many select different books each time, choose a different amount of books each time, etc…have fun, mix it up, keep it random.
- Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy
- One Mississippi by Mark Childress
- The Smoke Jumper by Nicholas Evans
- Good Family by Terry Gamble
- Between Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson
- Best Intentions by Emily Listfield
- In Search of Eden by Linda Nichols
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
- The Lunch-Box Chronicles by Marion Winik
- Table for Five by Susan Wiggs
- The Space Between us by Thrity Umrigar