My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Twelve year old Nicky Dillon and her father Robert find an abandoned newborn wile on a routine walk one cold winter evening. They quickly rush the baby to the hospital and have their life flipped upside down, and open up the memories of 2 lost family members. Nicky's mother and young sister died in an automobile accident 3 years previous and Nicky is longing for a mother figure and sibling.
After an unexpected visitor knocks on the Dillon's door Nicky and her father are brought closer together and begin to open up to each other's heartache.
At the end of this book I felt like I had just ran into a brick wall. I didn't like the ending. It just didn't seem to go with the flow of the story, I was expecting something more. This book is very heart warming and makes you wonder why people make some of the choices that they make. It was an easy book to get through and great for a chilly day at home.
View all my reviews >>
My next book will be a part of my Random Reading Challenge brought to us by Caribou's Mom. The challenge is to use random.org, or some such site to randomly chose our next book for us. Here is my list:
- Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy
- One Mississippi by Mark Childress
- The Smoke Jumper by Nicholas Evans
- Good Family by Terry Gamble
- Between Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson
- Best Intentions by Emily Listfield
In Search of Eden by Linda Nichols
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
- The Lunch-Box Chronicles by Marion Winik
- Table for Five by Susan Wiggs
The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar