Pages

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Last weekend Joey/Dad/Hubby went into our bedroom closet to get a new book of checks. Simon/Cooper/Big Brat followed him.

The closet has been, for years, our hiding spot for Christmas presents. Everyone knows it and knows if they snoop the presents go back. Everyone but Simon.

Simon came running from the bedroom shouting, "Mommy, Mommy, guess what I saw! It's for me".

Simon saw his 'big' present. An Imaginext Bat Cave. I have no idea how he spotted it because it was hidden under bags and bags of other things. Somehow the little Batman logo stuck out like a sore thumb. When dad shooed him from the bedroom and wasn't going to let him have it, Simon started to cry.

What can any good parent do but give it to him. We very well couldn't follow the "they will go back rule". So we gave it to him. Made a big deal out of it. Had him sit on the couch and close his eyes. I came into the living room and shouted, "OPEN!" He acted like it was Christmas morning! He was so excited that we got him the 'espensive' (that's how he says it) Batman that he wanted from Wal-Mart. "This is the best Christmas ever!" He said it would be okay if that was his only gift. What a sweetie pie. He has played with it every day since. He even has been sleeping with Batman and Robin and the Bat Cave on a few occasions.


I finally finished up my Christmas table runner. Rachel of P.S. I quilt had a tutorial a while back for a table runner, but after I re-looked at it, it really wasn't what I wanted. So I snooped around her blog some more and found a table runner she had made for her MawMaw and loved it. I used the vintage fabrics I scored at the nearby antique mall, and finally got it done today. I also made 3 others for my mom and sisters and gave those at Thanksgiving. I loved hearing my sister say that I have too much time on my hands. This table runner was super easy to make but looks complicated. I love it.

The 3-tiered serving tray you see is an idea that I saw in a Gooseberry Patch Christmas book. I haven't been able to come across an evergreen tree that I'd like to swipe some boughs from. I just love Christmas and all the decorating that comes along with it. The ornaments are all mostly glass, some vintage, some not, just a cute combo.

I'll leave you with some other random shots of our house all dressed up for Christmas. If you have your house displayed on your blog, leave your blog info. I'd love to see what you have done.





Photobucket

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Mrs. Griswold has been to my place!! LOL!!! What a CUTE STORY!!!! LOL!!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how Batman made it into your Holiday blog banner!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Staci said...

I love Simon!! What a cool Batman cave and the fact that he said it was o.k. if this was his only gift melted my heart!! Love the tablerunners and your decorations!

rachel griffith said...

SUPER cute.
:)

latree said...

love the quilt!