Pages

Wonderful Fall Weekend

Here it is again and it's been 2 months since my last post.

School is underway and in full swing. My oldest step-daughter is definitely going to be graduating this year. Technically she should only be a Junior but she has been working her tooshie off taking extra classes. She also works part-time so she's one busy girl. She has narrowed her college choice down to 1 semi-local school...Central Michigan. This is after much un-needed drama the other night when her dad told her she couldn't go to an international university. Kids! expecting to have it all their way.

Next in line is Laney who was finding school boring so we have asked a few of her teachers to give her some extra projects. For a short stories class she is working on putting a book together. This will co-inside with her art class and she will be illustrating it as well. The final product will be displayed in December during our school's Fine Arts Night. I can't wait to read her story. I find writings of hers laying around the house from time to time and she's a super writer! I'd love to have it published in a hardcover book for her (and family) to have as a keepsake.

Next the 2 middle schoolers are typical middle schoolers with tons of drama on a daily basis. Mariah just finished up volleyball. She did really well this season. I'm very proud of her. Alex has is done with cross country and has started basketball. He's just busy all the time.

And Mr. Simon Cooper....well he's just too smart for his own good. He has really gotten into Legos. We can't believe some of the things he builds. He's really pretty good at it. He sits at the table all day and builds. I love it.

We took a few ton of pictures a few weekends ago. Taylor said she would rather have Alex and I take her senior photos. It worked out pretty well. The kids and I have fun exploring an old Pillsbury Flour Mill in our area. Plus I think we got some great shots, but of course my batteries died before we were done. Here are a few of my favorites. I don't want to share too many of Taylor....she's waiting for the "big reveal". :)



The weather here has been beautiful this weekend. Our last varsity football game was Friday, Saturday Alex had a birthday party to go to. Joey and I were able to get out together to see a movie. This morning the boys and I carved our pumpkins and after Joey gets out of work we are going costume shopping. Hopefully Alex can still find something. Halloween has snuck up on us way to quickly this year. Hopefully all the ghost and goblins are ready for next weekend.

I can't believe we are only 1 month away from Thanksgiving and 2 months from Christmas! Weren't we just there??

3 comments:

Staci said...

It's wild to think about Taylor graduating already!! Laney's talent does not surprise me and I'm glad that the school stepped up and gave her something challenging. Alex is always busy isn't he??? Drama...I think that's Mariah's middle name. I love that Simon concentrates so long and builds cool things with his legos!! Time sure is flying by isn't it?? The pictures are fantastic!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos!!!! And Adam loves legos too...and boy are they EXPENSIVE!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jenners said...

Sounds like a lot of drama ... but in a good way. And I love that your boy loves Legos ... they really are a fantastic toy, aren't they?

And it is scary how Thanksgiving is right around the corner. How did that happen!?