Pages

County Fair Time

Hello from the County Fair!


Our county's fair has got to be the last fair of the summer out of the entire United States. Maybe it's so the freaks, rednecks and carnies have plenty of time to get practiced up on their specialty. Being themselves. I'm a people watcher. And the fair is a fun time for me to get out. The one thing I do not get though is hickies. What's the deal with that? After the parade I saw a grown woman with one on her neck. In plain view for everyone else to see. Why? She had a young daughter walking with her holding her hand so we all know she must have a male in her life. But why did she feel the need to display that for me and everyone else in the county to see? Luckily she was the only one I spied.

When I was in 4-H (for the full 10 years I might add) I used to get so annoyed at the 'city folks' that came with their little rugrats and take pictures of the animals. And the little kids who were so excited to pet my stinky fat pig. Well the tables were sure turned this year.

After 7 1/2 hours we were finally able to convince the kids it was time to go home. We had been there long enough. Another parent of a friend wasn't as nice as the parents as my kids have been blessed with, and made their kids leave after just 4 hours. Oh, the horror. How will that parent ever be able to sleep knowing that they were so evil? Plus, believe this if you will. But not all kids have grandparents who pay for the ride-all-day bracelet. And some kids actually have to spend their. own. money. And some kids don't have parents who scrape the bottom of the money barrel so their kids can have a little fun...they just will not give their kids money. I know take a minute to let this sink in. I don't think I'll be able to sleep. I just don't know how those unfortunate kids will live through the week. Knowing the wonderful fair is in town. And not being able to go spend all of their parents' and grandparents' money.

Oh. well. At least I had fun!

2 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Wow. YOu are an excellent mom. 7 1/2 hours at the fair is HUGE!

Claremont First Ward said...

Wow. YOu are an excellent mom. 7 1/2 hours at the fair is HUGE!