Pages

haaaggghhh

...as in wow....what a busy couple of days.

Thanksgiving on Thursday, which for us meant the start of Christmas shopping at 6 a.m. Which means you have to get up at 4 a.m. to make it to Meijer at 5 a.m. to wait in line until 6 to get the much coveted gift.

We spent the day with my mom's family in Indiana and had lots of goodies. I need to get my aunt's recipe for her Pumpkin Cheesecake, because it was the bomb! so much so I had 3 helpings of it.

Friday was the official start of the Christmas shopping season for the rest of the world and Alex wanted to see what the hype was all about so we got up kinda early (6:30 a.m.) and made a trip to Kmart to get a Handy Manny Talking tool set for $9.99-normally $34-ish but they were gone! :( That's why you get up early. We did get a few good deals. But I went over my limit so now we are going to be eating Ramen noodles and grilled cheese all week....no joke.

Friday afternoon we got the tree set up.

I actually did get some help from Coopie


But the help didn't last too long




This morning we put the lights up outside and Alex and I made some cute fruit decorations/ornaments.

Dad bitched (sorry mom) griped about the tradition that he started with the girls, where a kid puts the angel on the top of the tree. This is him griping...

But being the great daddy he is he suffered through it.
We took some family photos by the tree. This is the picture I wanted to use but of course....I can't
Daddy took some smoochy pictures with me.
And now it's pretty peacefull around here. The girls are with their mother, Alex is at a birthday party and Simon's trying not to fall asleep in his room...even though it's way past nap-time.

I think I'll join him in nappy land.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I love your banner!! How did you do that? Scrapblog? And your lovey dovey profile pic!! :) Sounds like you all had a lot going on. When you get your aunt's recipe pass it on! Your family is right on with the Christmas spirit!