Pages

A Day In My Life--Recap {Writer's Workshop}

Here's how it went down on Thurs July 30, 2009.

4:30 a.m.: *enter Simon, stage left* "Mom, I sweep wiff you?"
Argh. We I have been trying to get him back on a schedule. Naps at the appropriate time, no pop/caffeine or sugary stuff, and a closer to normal bed time. Went ok Wednesday until he decided not to take a nap and then fell asleep a little earlier than normal. Up at the crack of dawn.

So he got into bed with us, but that didn't last long. Took him back to his bed and I went to the couch.

6:00 a.m.: Dad gets up for work

7:00 a.m.: Alarm goes off to get Alex up for Cross Country running. Hit snooze.

7:09 a.m.: Alarms goes off again. Hit Snooze.

7:18 a.m.: Sorry, Alex. Get up. Mom goes right back to bed.

9:18 a.m.: *enter Alex, stage left* "Mom, breakfast is ready." He made breakfast for me and Simon. Eggs, Toast, milk for Simon and coffee for me.

9:37 a.m.: Take a shower and get dressed. Proceed to dress Simon. Alex takes shower.

9:59 a.m.: Realize that appointment is not at 10:30 but actually at 10:15. Rush out of house.

10:25 a.m.: Arrive at County's Health Department to receive 2 shots myself. HepA and HepB. Hey they're free and I need 'em...what can I say.

10:50 a.m.: This is why you never arrive to an appointment late. Finally get called in.

10:51 a.m.: Simon freaks out because he doesn't want a shot.


10:53 a.m.: Leave and run some errands. Have lunch at McDonald's. We love it there!


12:00 p.m. (ish): Get back home. Go to library in town.

1:37 p.m.: Realize that Simon should have been laid down for his nap about 37 minutes ago. Crap.


1:38 p.m.: Tell Simon it's nap time. He must have been ready because he very politely picked out a movie and went to his room. Maybe the schedule thing is working.

2:18 p.m.: Hear some noises from Simon's room. He's still awake. This is my problem. He doesn't like to sleep! Schedule is nor working.

3:02 p.m.: Dad gets home from work. Simon is finally asleep.

3:45 p.m.: Window guy shows up to give us an estimate. We need new windows bad. Our house is only 10 years old but the windows are crap. Last winter we had ice on the inside of the windows. Quote is 1/2 of what the other window guy said. :)

5:24 p.m.: Dinner time. Alex wants to go to the pool with his buddy. Ok. One less to feed that way.

5:30 p.m.: Enjoy a yummy dinner of beans and wienies.

7:15 p.m.: Play a couple games of Texas Hold 'Em with Alex and dad. I won the 1st game! I really don't remember what happened the 2nd game. HHmm. ??

9:00 p.m.: Dad goes to bedroom to watch TV, which means I'm stuck with the boys AGAIN!!

9:17 p.m.: Lay Simon down.

9:18 p.m.: Find some great stuff on the internet.

2:25 a.m.: Realize how late it actually is getting. Very thankful that there is no reason for me to get up early. I love summer vacation!

I am honored to be the inspiration for Mama Kat's writer's workshop this week. My post about how I want to spend my last days of freedom (aka summer) post from yesterday earned me the spot. Be sure to check out her blog!




6 comments:

Ali said...

You are one busy woman! Love the post.

Carrie said...

I have always said - Who has time to work! Great post!!

Staci said...

Wow!! You're famous girl!! I loved this post...very creative and funny!! Poor little Alex, the only way he gets breakfast is if he makes it himself and then he makes some for his mommy. What a good kid!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved this post....It is a rainy day here and I have enjoyed some blog reading....So glad I stopped by yours.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your day actually sounds kinda fun...and I think that Brookie and Simon are related...lol....she has been having a BAD habit lately of getting up at 1AM and coming to visit Mommy and Daddy in bed! :):):):):):):):):):)

Jenners said...

I'm very very sleepy after reading this.