Pages

A Book Review: The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

The Boleyn Inheritance The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I love historical fiction. Some of what Philippa Gregory pulled into this book is true, most fiction...which she clearly states at the end of the book in her author's note. I am actually glad she chose to put that at the end. It didn't cloud up my enjoyment of the book.

It humors me the number of ladies that a queen had to have to help her get through her daily activities. Like dressing, and changing her dress 2 or 3 times per day. Having all these ladies and maids in waiting proved to be detrimental to several queens in this story. The queens just didn't live up the the great King Henry's expectations. Which were unbelievable when you consider his age, failing health, and size. I would have been inclined to find a younger suitor like was done in this book.

Take it for what it is....historical fiction.....and have fun with it. I did, even though it took me a month to read, I really enjoyed it and look forward to the other Philippa Gregory books I have on my shelf.

View all my reviews >>

I didn't realize that the next book I randomly picked was on my random reading challenge with Caribou's Mom, but I'll still mark it off my list. Random.org didn't pick it randomly for me but I did so it's gotta count....right. I love Maeve Binchey! Nights of Rain and Stars....hopefully it won't take me a month to read like The Boleyn Inheritance did.

Here is my list:
1. Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson
2. Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy
3. One Mississippi by Mark Childress
4. The Smoke Jumper by Nicholas Evans
5. Good Family by Terry Gamble
6. Between Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson
7. Best Intentions by Emily Listfield
8. In Search of Eden by Linda Nichols
9. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
10. The Lunch-Box Chronicles by Marion Winik
11. Table for Five by Susan Wiggs
12. The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar

Our summer is off to a swinging start. One trip to the ER under our belt. [ONLY] One day spent at the city's pool. Rabbits bought for 4H. Kitchen and dinning room painted...up next living room. The oldest step-daughter has a job.

Lots of lazy days ahead. We have a mini-vacation planned for the end of July and some camping trips. Hopefully July and August go slower than June has. :)

3 comments:

Staci said...

I have this book too!! Sounds like quite a lot of fun for sure and yes, I agree I don't know why all those women wanted to sleep with the big, fat King!! Give me a hunky guy anytime!! Your summer sounds like it's off to a great start!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh this sounds good! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jenners said...

So many people love Phillpa Gregory's books. I've never read one.

And you've had an ER trip already???? Jeez!